19 August 2009

Hail the Victor!

I prepared for battle carefully. I studied my opponent diligently, and tonight at dusk we met face to face.

I focused my energy on the task at hand by researching ideas to break down food barriers, and create culinary peace at the table. Maybe tonight my blue-eyed-wild-child would eat. Even as I prepared my carefully planned menu I could hear my mind whisper -- resistance is futile... the force is strong with this one.

Lukey Bazookey is a force to be reckoned with. His power and stubborn will are not for the meek. Tonight I was ready. I chopped, marinated and created kid cuisine supreme. Sweet Peas, steamed to perfection with the perfect pad of butter, Roasted Chicken Ready Rice (uncle ben's ready in 90 seconds = awesome), and the pièce de résistance Potato Chip Chicken Tenders!

I plate my toddler dream meal and set the table. My children approach and I am ready to hear the voices of angels as my children enjoy their meal.

Byron Duke = 1 Point for Mommy
Kadee = 1 Point for Mommy
Lukey = not a chance Mommy!
What did I learn from this battle? Sampson loves Potato Chip Chicken Tenders, sweet peas and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment