19 May 2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...



and sometimes they come true.

This past week. Byron and I hosted our closest family and friends for a week of fun and to be part of our vow renewal and reception.

I dreamed for DECADES of my wedding. At fate would have it... Byron and I married in 2005 in the Doo Wop Diner at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. Not exactly Princess Diana Part 2. I told everyone in my life that we would be having a "real wedding" someday, and that vegas wasn't "my wedding". ~~~~ As they finally finally figured out I wasn't kidding.

This past Saturday, with 70 friends and family present we renewed our vows then hit the dance floor to celebrate our love and 5 years of marriage. I could NOT have asked for a more perfect or beautiful day.

The ceremony was fun filled, and written by our close friend Jessie Frost. My Uncle Paul officiated the event. The reception was amazing, food outstanding and music kept everyone on the dance floor.

A wedding/ vow renewal... whatever you call it... is NOT about the BRIDE!!! It is NOT about a dress... it is not about being a DIVA or a PRINCESS! It is about the bonding of two families, the joining of two lives and the JOY and CELEBRATION of two people becoming one. For 5 years I listened to people ask me WHY we needed this day. Then as our guests arrives, the festivities began and the days passed by I didn't have to answer anymore. Everyone understood.


My stepfather is planning a fishing trip with our bestman Sully. My cheerleaders partied with our Sailor buddies... I danced with my dad... I don't have to explain to my Mom what my Mother In Law is like. This is what it is all about. We are now one... He and I, and our family and friends are joined forever by the memory of that day!!!


Thank you all for joining me. I have to give a special thank you to Erin Rondeau and Jill Sullens. These two worked soooooo hard to make every detail perfect for our day. From programs to candles these two made such a huge impact on the day. Without them so many little things would have fallen through the cracks. LOVE YOU!

p.s. I will post later with pics and vendor info.

No comments:

Post a Comment