16 August 2009

One moment -can change everything...

I wake up in a euphoric state. The sun is shining, Byron Duke and Lukey have decided its a good day to make a snuggle-sandwich with mommy... the only thing missing from my happy little moment is Byron -- but that will be fixed in time

Once the boys get bored and head to the playroom I get up, wash my face & brush my teeth (this is a GOOD start for me -- usually one or both of these rituals is sacrificed for a child). Thinking Kadence is still sleeping I head toward the kitchen to make some coffee. Then I hear my little girl's good morning squeal and about-face for the nursery.

That's when it hits me...

the smell... the image... the horror!

There she stands, my beautiful baby girl, with no diaper on her bum and a shit-eatin' grin on her face -- literally.

I better go grab my cape...

No comments:

Post a Comment