15 August 2009

A look in the mirror...


Between my husband's deployment, three kids, the Army Reserve, 2 classes, going to the gym, cleaning the house -- oh and let's not forget the dog... I had way too much spare time so why not start a blog?


People often look at me as a Military wife and mother -- they say "you're soooo strong" or "I don't know how you do it" I just shrug it off and smile. I don't see what they do. I see it, my life, as a pretty simple one. I am married to an honorable man who works hard and takes care of us. We are blessed to know he has job security -- and a paycheck every two weeks. We have enough money to buy the things we need and we are content to wait for the things we want. We may be separated at times by geography, but we stay connected in every way possible.

I look at my friends and I see strength. Many are dealing with divorce, unemployment, family strife or illness. I feel like they are strong. I feel like I live in a bubble and they are in the "real world". My friend, Sarah G., always has a kind word and a smile (over the phone). She's going through a tough spot, but she keeps a level head. My sister in law is struggling through a divorce and custody battle, but still fulfills her duties to the Air Force and her daughter. My mother and sister are respected professionals and have been working in their field for a long time. My Aunt Olive fights Parkinson’s Disease with grace and humor. My Aunt Holiday steps up once again to support the household with her medical practice.

You see strength in me? Why? I get up, play with my kids, read some books, write some letters and take it one day at a time. I'm not on anyone else’s schedule and only have myself to answer to. So if you see strength in me -- it is more than likely a reflection of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment