12 July 2010

Dinner Warfare

Yep its that time again... where I have to stop being the good guy and start being a parent. Luke has been playing me like a fiddle for about 2 years.

Yes, two years and only at the dinner table. I don't feel like it and he knows it. By the time 5:30 rolls around I no longer have the energy or the will to fight with him about eating. So, I make 3 plates of "grown up food" for Mamma, Dadda and B.D. and two kiddo plates for Luke and Kadee.

I always swore I'd never be that mom. Who makes 4 different dinners. I have done pretty well... we only have two menus for dinner adult and kids. Tonight that all changes. We had a check up a couple weeks ago and the Dr. said no more kiddie plate for Luke or Kadee. We were told no snacks before dinner and that we eat ONE meal together. He'll either eat or go to bed hungry.

Tonight's the night. Dinner is Baked BBQ chicken with a side of broccoli and apple sauce. Lukey is going to be one cranky little man, but he'll survive. I wonder if I will.

1 comment: